Sunday 10 February 2013

She Bop


“Hey I’ve been thinking of a new sensation,
I’m pickin’ up on good vibrations...”

This post’s TUNE comes from Cyndi Lauper.  Ah, the first album I ever owned, and how I loved it, and how I still do!  I suppose I’m quite lucky in the respect that my first ever album was such a cool one (or at least I think so anyway, but then again I’m biased), because it’s one of those things you will never forget.  Cyndi Lauper, the woman with the yellow hair, punk queen and all round talented singer is one of my personal favourites, all her songs are amazing but this one in particular is my favourite.

You can watch the video to this song here, and you can find Cyndi’s website here.

She bop, she bop...  






Top: HandM (old)
Skirt: Internacionale (£4.00, sale)
Belt: Primark (old)
Necklace:: Topshop (old)
Tights: Primark (£2.50)
Shoes: New Look (old)
Coat: Primark (£20.00, sale)
Scarf: Dorothy Perkins (old)
Satchel: Camden Market (old)

This is my granny chic look...

So remember my trousers that I had in a sale in Internacionale where it was buy one get one half price (No?  well I don't expect you to remember everything so you can have a look at that post here), well these were one of my other little bargain pick ups.  This skirt was just £4.00 in the end, what a bargain!

I love this look, it's very old lady inspired, gran would be proud!  Have you heard that Thrift Shop song?  If you haven't you shoul, you have indeed been missing out!  Well, I think I could definitely sing along to that in this outfit, although I want to replace it with my grandma's clothes, otherwise it just gets a bit odd.

I don't half talk a lot of sh*t aye...


On a totally different note, this weekend I met up with some old uni friends who I have not seen in years (literally).  It's strange how with some people you can not see each other for ages but then fall back into easy conversation straight away.  It was so good catching up with each other, and it's mad me realise I need to be a bit more proactive in meeting up with friends and also maybe in getting to know new people...

Cheerio,

 

33 comments:

  1. Love it! That skirt is perfect and you look amazing! Xx

    Fashionvitae.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely outfit! love the skirt! xxx

    http://beauty-bunnies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. pretty outfit!! I love how your first album was quite a cool one. mine was...erm...bob the builder.

    Francesca xo
    http://goingroundthemulberrybush.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Beautiful skirt!

    Best wishes,
    Elena

    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cyndi Lauper almost as much as I love that skirt! :D
    Liz
    http://liz-makes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Again I LOVE your outfit, you have an amazing sense of style.

    Sounds like you had a great time with your friends I hope you manage to meet up with them more often like you plan to. I always mean to do this but stuff just kind of gets in the way :-/

    Janine xx
    Bake, Glue and Trend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Cyndi Lauper! A pretty cool first album, indeed! Really like the outfit- the colour and pleating in the skirt are perfect and I love the plaid scarf! :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely outfit!!! :)
    xoxo Sophia

    styleofsophia.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete
  9. very classic and cute! :)

    http://ahemitsemme.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. love your look! You're so cute!
    Love your blog! Now I'm following you with bloglovin, follower n 51 and with gfc! Hope You'll follow me back on bloglovin and with gfc too please :)

    GlamObserver

    Bloglovin’
    Facebook
    Twitter
    PARTECIPATE AND WIN A DIOR MASCARA

    ReplyDelete
  11. so British chic!

    http://bjwsblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that skirt, midi looks so cute and I can't wait to buy some more skirts like that :) you look great, girl!

    http://zerxzastyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I love your blog, such a lovely place :)) Your skirt is so pretty, love it so much! Looks like you had a great time with your uni friends, now you've reminded me how long has it been since I saw some of mine...

    And thank you for visiting my blog :)
    xx
    Matea

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely blog!
    Great skirt!
    Kiss,

    http://soyfeliz99.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks so much for your comment on my blog!
    I'm your newest follower! Hope you like to follow me back :)
    And let me know if you like to follow each other on bloglovin and Facebook too!

    Love, Annewil
    http://lovetolittlethings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Not granny at all! I adore your skirt! ;) Thanks for visiting and keep in touch!

    xx pauline
    classycroissant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I lve your look it is too klassic ;)

    http://www.shoocare.de/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey!

    I found few spare minutes to look at your blog, as you advised me on my post and I have no regrets.
    I love your retro style, and songs you listen. I also love Cindy's songs, but maybe True Colors would be something that better suits my ears :)

    I have started a little giveaway on my blog, if you wish to participate? You can see details here:
    http://nails-and-more.blogspot.com/2013/02/st-valentines-polish-giveaway.html

    xoxo
    Illy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh I really love this outfit, like how you've layered it up so well.

    My latest post ** Working in Fashion: Interview **
    Lots of love, M

    ReplyDelete
  20. you look lovely! that red skirt is amazing :)
    xxx
    http://fromarmanitozurich.blogspot.ch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and we're really really in love with the design of your blog :)

      Delete
  21. In love with your scarf!!!
    I'm mad about tartan scarves. I've also DIY-ed one :)

    http://9lla.it/

    ReplyDelete
  22. beautiful skirt!
    x

    veruzkas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I adore that skirt xx

    1stepclosereveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. your blog is beautiful!! and your outfit as well. thanks so much for your comment. I'm following you with GFC. I would love if you could follow me back so we can keep in touch <3
    Lali pops of colour

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love the skirt :)

    www.ngofficial.blogspot.co.uk

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved and still love Cyndi, she rocks ! I like your skirt and your chic look =)

    Fashion and Cookies
    Fashion and Cookies on Facebook
    Follow on Bloglovin
    You're invited to enter SunglassesShop Valentine's Vogue giveaway: win a pair of Vogue sunglasses of choice, open worldwide until February 20th !

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely skirt!

    HTTP://THEREDCOATODYSSEY.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  28. COOL, I LOVE IT!

    I'M FOLLOWING YOU, VISIT ME ON

    http://poprockandcokes.blogspot.com.es

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow I absolutely love this whole look! The skirt is amazing :D lovely post

    ReplyDelete
  30. The skirt and scarf look amazing together- you're so good at teaming pieces together :) Pretty outfit :)

    Ruth x

    www.kimkimipie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete