Tuesday 20 August 2013

Ava Adore


"And I'll pull your crooked teeth
You'll be perfect just like me..."

This post’s TUNE comes from the Smashing Pumpkins.  Oh my god, what a tune, it’s so dark, so beautifully dramatic, so friggin’ amazing!  The Smashing Pumpkins have produced many a beautiful track, I have an album of their greatest hits and every one on there is just beyond incredible.  Billy Corgan’s voice is utterly unique, and this along with the rest of the incredibly talented musicians, is what made Smashing Pumpkins such a legendary band.
The video to this song can be watched here (please take a peek, the video is equally as good as the song), and you can visit their website here.

Loving the outfit....





Shirt: Topshop (old)
Headscarf: Primark (£2.50)
Stachel: Camden Market (old)
Dungarees: New Look (old)
Daps: Primark (£6.00)
Bracelets: Topshop / New Look (old)

Yeeeeehah!!  In this outfit I feel slightly like I should be shouting that but you will be more than happy to know that I didn’t go around acting like a mental case wanabee cowgirl.  Well I can’t promise on the mental case front, but I certainly don’t think I’m a cow girl.

So yup, I found this headscarf in Primark and thought “I am having THAT”, even though I wouldn’t normally wear one, but I figure with enough practice I can actually go some way toward being able to pull it off...  I admit, I do have quite a way to go yet.  It’s just that I see girls wearing these and think, damn that looks cool, forgetting that I don’t really have the same look as them, but hey ho, I can damn well try, and anyway, I like it... so there!

So this weekend has been a boring one, my boyfriend has been working hard on his dissertation so I’m left all sad and alone with just my cat for company staring mindlessly at the television or outside doing a spot of gardening... oh my god, I’ve turned forty and didn’t even realise it!  Anyway, the point I’m trying to get to is that I’ve realised that I really need to get myself a hobby.  I’m thinking, given the time of year I may start a college course, or take up a sport... although I’m leaning more toward the course, maybe photography or something along the arty lines, who knows.


What do you do in your spare time? Or what hobbies do you have? Any suggestions as to what I could fill my time with would be much appreciated. 

All of my pictures are edited using Picmonkey.
p.s. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter.


Love love love,


17 comments:

  1. great look, just love the photos :)




    http://chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.ro/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that check shirt and your bag is also really nice!

    Millie x
    smudgesofthoughts.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit, I love the Smashing Pumpkins!

    xo

    The Shelley Diaries

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful
    I invite you to visit my blog, you're very welcome <3
    www.derepentenaotemidade.com
    Super kiss and a great weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, I love the Smashing Pumpkins! They're one of my all-time favourite bands :) Your outfit here is fantastic- red is such a great colour on you and the plaid is great! xo

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this outfit Helen! I've been wanting to do a photography course for ages, but I'm also thinking of doing a photo editing course! What kind of sport would you be taking up? I'm not very sporty so I'm not good with ideas for that haha! Hope you find something to do!
    Xx
    Madeleine || Madeleine In Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  7. i've been totally into overalls lately!:) so cute
    -jules
    www.myladybakes.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. CUTEST OUTFIT EVER.
    xx gemma @ andgeesaid.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a very cute outfit! I especially love the shoes!

    x Leah symonne x

    itsleli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. J'aime bien ton style :)
    xx http://wildlysweet.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  11. such a cute outfit! love your hair!

    whyemilia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute overalls!! I'm still on the hunt for a perfect pair! x

    Cindy Nguyen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit! You definitely pull of the headscarf :) This blog is super cute absolutely love it :)

    New follower.

    Jamie

    http://jamiesessions11.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the outfit! and the pictures are so good

    nice blog
    xo,
    alcamori.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your hair, and the style with the hairband/scarf is so nice, i'd love to work out how to make that look good on me...

    Loving the dungaree shorts!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is sooo cool!! love it! :)

    www.perlaoreneta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete