Wednesday 14 August 2013

June Gloom


“Sunsets lost in
Skies of hazy greys...”

This post’s TUNE comes from The Like.  The irony of the title of this song has not been lost on me, that’s why I thought it would be appropriate for my pick for this post.  Other than this fact of course, there is no escaping from the fact that this song is beautiful, it’s quite mellow, and maybe not something that will grab you on your first listen but a song you will appreciate over time.  The lead singers voice is utterly gorgeous, as are all the band members, which at the time of this song were three ladies, all of which are cool as anything.  Please give this lovely little song a listen here, and have a peek at the website here.

Onwards and upwards....







Dress: New Look (old)
Denim Shirt: H&M (old)
Sandals: Primark (old)
Bag: Peacocks (old)
Watch/Bracelets: Urban Outfitters / New Look / Topshop

Looking at these pictures it does appear that this dress is really quite short, it does cover my bum though I promise, it just wouldn’t be the kind of dress I would wear on a windy day... no one wants to see that!

So yup, this is my dress I wore on a non-windy day, along with my long sleeve denim dress for modesty to make sure my arms are all nice and covered... I may have got something wrong here!

Anywho, stick it on with good old sandals, my lovely old peacocks bag and off I go!  Let me know what you think.

This weekend I went “daaan safff” (down south) to visit the boyfriend’s family for his sisters eighteenth...  Seems so young, so so long ago, but still I don’t think I would want to swap places, the thought of starting over uni, all that work, just doesn’t appeal, although, when it’s the first time round it’s all good, and is massively exciting!  

What did you get up to over the weekend, anything exciting, please share!!

All of my pictures are edited using Picmonkey. 
p.s. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter.

Ta ra,




16 comments:

  1. pretty outfit! really like how you layered the dress over the blouse. lovely blog as well, would love it if we could keep in contact and perhaps follow each other on GFC and Twitter? please feel free to check out my blog and let me know if you'd like to.

    x
    http://1finedai.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the denim shirt paired with this dress, so cute!
    Amia
    www.teapotsandbelles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute outfit! Love your dress and the way you've styled it!
    - Charlotte
    http://fashiongirl134.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nic
    I love your blog :)
    http://styl-in-my-live.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your outfit!
    Your blog design is lovely by the way, I love it!
    Following you on Bloglovin' :) if you like my blog follow me back please?
    Danielle xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! Beautiful dress!

    Best wishes!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress and also your blog design ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your dress is very nice, and your blog design is nice as well, I am now following your blog!

    http://lilureelite.blogspot.co.uk/

    Lauren x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the layering! Listened to the song its good ! I've been shopping around getting last minute bits and bobs for holiday coming up very soon, plus i got my a-level results today so been a great day, happy!
    Great post!

    Eloise | simplynaturale xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a darling outfit! it inspired me to try the same thing x
    www.vicariousLA.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the mix of lace and denim! You look fantastic :)

    -Jen

    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ah, I love this outfit!!
    Love the blog design it looks awesome :)!
    I'm following you now :)

    shadesofshell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice blog! Would you like follow each other? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your comment on my blog! Your blog looks lovely! Loved this post :) Niamh xx

    http://mypetitecloset.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you worked with the shirt and the dress. Lovely outfit.
    xx
    http://rivers-running-high.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely blog! Love the outfit!!

    www.mimislittlelifeythings.blogspot.co.uk
    Emily xxx

    ReplyDelete