Sunday 25 August 2013

St Ives Facial Scrub: A Review

So a while ago in my “I’m Ready For My Close –Up” Post (which you can see here), I commented on how much better my skin was and what factors had contributed to it now looking a million times better.  I personally think that these products have played a massive part and are what’s helping get rid of the nasty scars left over from spots.

The products in question are both facial scrubs from the St Ives Range, these ones to be exact:


St Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting St Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub

So lets get down to a nitty gritty review shall we, first up Blemish Fighting:



I use every other day in the morning during my shower.  The exfoliating beads in this one really are quite big but they certainly aren’t too harsh.  This one claims to be blemish fighting and I do think, that it really is helping to rid my face of the nasty blemishes left by spots.  Every time I have a spot it leaves a red blemish on my face some of which are darker than others, so as you can imagine there are quite a few marks left, and I’m hoping this will rid my skin of these.  There was one really quite dark mark left from a spot a while ago and it has faded so much since I started using this product that you can barely notice it anymore.
Obviously, I am aware that generally over time the skin renews itself and these marks will disappear but I genuinely do think that this product has really helped speed the process along.


Now for the Gentle Apricot Scrub:



 
Just like the last product I also use this on an every other day basis, and therefore, will use one of these products a day by alternating them.  The beads are far smaller in this product and as the title suggests is a lot gentler on your skin.  The texture of it, much like the other one is like a soft past which doesn’t really foam in water.

Unlike some facial cleansers these do not foam (well maybe the tiniest bit), and they do not leave your face tinglingly (made that one up there) clean, but both are gentle, and great for acne prone skin like mine as neither has caused any kind of reaction.  Both are great at exfoliating my skin and I have noticed this when I am putting on my makeup that I don’t really have any flaky dry skin patches anymore.

Although both products are quite similar and I would repurchase them again in order to stick to the routine I’ve developed, I do prefer the blemish fighting scrub as I feel it helps with my skin more.

Generally I would say that both of these products are extremely good, and given my sensitive skin which normally reacts to anything which touches it, I would say I am more than happy with the effects.  I can now exfoliate my face without fear of a massive breakout.  I do accept that in life my skin will always be prone to spots, but at least with these products I can definitely help minimise the chances and hopefully help get rid of the unpleasant blemishes left.

So overall thumbs up for St Ives!

All of my pictures are edited using Picmonkey.
p.s. Don’t forget to follow me on twitter.

Stay Cool,

8 comments:

  1. the Blemish Fighting scrub is my holy grail product! Would be lost (and left with a face full of spots haha) without it! x

    http://sparksofserenity.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the blemish fighting one and swear by it!
    Frankie xx
    frankest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review. Never heard of this brand before. Thanks for sharing.

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG

    xx Mira

    www.glamdevils.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm definitely going to give the blemish - fighting one a try, as I have quite a few blackheads. Please check out my latest post.
    http://feranmer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. facial scrubs are like one of my fave.

    - Janine
    http://theeoptimist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice review :) thanks for checking out my blog!

    -Katie Citizen Images

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ruby's Hair & Beauty Salon is providing services in Leytonstone High Road. Customer Satisfaction is guaranteed, services include waxing, threading, facial etc.


    Ruby's Hair & Beauty Salon

    ReplyDelete